My not-so-authentic but so so delicious take on the New Orleans Cajun Boil! This one is made in the Instant Pot and served with lots of chicken. Flavor is not sacrificed in this easy dinner!
I find this to be a bit spicy but my husband wants even more spice and will top it off with hot sauce. He says it really makes the dish. Try it out and see if you want it spicier or not!
Serving size is a heaping cup plus a quarter of the ear of corn.
- 16 ounces chicken breast skinless, boneless
- 6 baby red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasonings
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 ears of corn
- 2 links fully cooked links of sausage boar's head chicken chorizo
- Dice chicken up into bite sized pieces, about 1-1.5 inches by 1-1.5 inches. Cut each potato up into 6 pieces.
- Place cut up chicken and potatoes in a small bowl. Add the cajun seasonings and minced garlic then toss to completely coat.
- Cut the ear of corn into four pieces and dice the two chicken sausages into thin slices.
- Pour chicken broth to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add the potatoes and chicken to the Instant Pot and press down to create an even layer. Add corn to the sides then add the sausage slices to the middle.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 5 minutes and start it.
- When the timer goes off, de-pressurize the Instant Pot and remove the ingredients with a slotted spoon, I do not typically keep the juices.