Fun fact: my family is OBSESSED with penne alla vodka. But that can get very very high in points. So, as I usually do, I said, why don’t I put my Allie Carte spin on it and make something extremely delicious that’s low in points! How good does this super creamy, tasteful sauce look! We paired it with sausage because that goes perfectly with this dish! Give it a shot!
Stovetop version is linked under the recipe
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Instant Pot Penne Vodka
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ⅛ cup diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 ounces penne pasta dry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 1.5 links fully cooked links of sausage Boars Head chicken robust italian
- Blend tomatoes until smooth then set aside.
- Slice sausage and set aside.
- Turn your Instapot to the saute setting. Grease with cooking spray.
- When the pot heats up, add in the minced garlic and diced onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until slightly soft.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add in the pasta noodles (dry). Pour the broth and blended tomatoes around the pasta
- Add the seasonings and stir just a little, trying not to disturb the pasta. Add the sliced sausage on top.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 5 minutes and start it.
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 3 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn the pot to saute. Add the parmesan and cream cheese into the pot. Stir until melted.