Sheet pan dinners are my favorite thing to make! They are so easy to cook and only require one sheet pan, obviously, which means an easier clean up. This is my sheet pan cheesy chicken with potatoes and broccoli. It combines a protein with a carb and a veggie, plus you are getting a little fat in there too. Everything you need, all in one dish, in one sheet pan!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
I cook everything, at the same time, in one sheet pan. Therefore, you really need to chop up the potatoes small since they take a long time to cook. I like my potatoes really well done, so I chop them up really small. The smaller they are, the faster they cook, and vice-versa. The same goes for the broccoli, if you like more well done broccoli, make the pieces smaller. If you like crunchier broccoli, make the pieces bigger. Make sure to keep the chicken pieces larger as they cook the quickest. You want to make sure the chicken is completely cooked, but not overcooked.
I used shallots in this recipe, because I love them. You can skip it, or use less, if you are not a fan. Additionally, if you do not want to buy shallots or cannot find any, substitute red onions. This also tastes really good with diced bell peppers if you prefer that.
I used fat-free cheese for this. Sometimes it can be more difficult to find, or sometimes you may just not want fat-free. You can substitute any cheese you would like or have on hand.
Make this recipe spicier by adding ground red pepper and chili powder. You can also keep it more Italian style and leave it the way I had it, I am not a huge spicy fan.
Sheet Pan Cheesy Chicken with Potatoes and Broccoli
- Sheet pan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 pounds honey gold potatoes
- 1 head broccoli
- 16 ounces chicken tenderloins
- ⅛ cup diced shallot
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon basil dried
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup fat free cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop up potatoes, broccoli and chicken. The potatoes should be very small, about a half inch by half inch. The chicken should have the biggest pieces about an inch or so by an inch or so.
- Add cut chicken, potatoes and broccoli and diced shallots to a sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the seasonings and toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and flip over the ingredients, tossing to mix up. Sprinkle the cheese over everything and place back in oven until chicken is fully cooked and potatoes are soft. About another 15 minutes.