Just two ingredients are required to make this creamy and delicious one point Alfredo! I swear I could eat this every night and never get tired of it. You can serve it as a side or add some chicken or shrimp and make it a whole meal. It’s an amazing low point lunch too!
This recipe is for a medium sized squash. I generally eat three servings for a medium sized squash; therefore, I use three laughing cow cheese wedges, 1 per serving. If I have a smaller squash, I will just use two cheese wedges and eat half. If I have a larger squash, I may add another cheese wedge and eat more servings. Basically, however many cheese wedges I need is how many servings I divide the squash into so I just eat one wedge a serving.
The cooking directions are also for a medium sized squash. If using a smaller or larger squash, adjust your timing. I love baking it in the oven but rarely do I have time to wait an hour so the microwave works just fine. If you have the time, try it in the oven, the squash gets caramel-y and amazing.
Here’s a photo of the cheese for reference
You can watch me make it below too!
One Point Alfredo
- 1 spaghetti squash
- cooking spray
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 3 laughing cow cheese wedges garlic and herb
- Slice spaghetti squash in half, longwise. Remove the seeds and the core
- Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with the garlic salt
- Place, cut side down, on a microwave safe dish and take a fork and carefully fork up the skin. Microwave for 8-10 minutes, until the skin is slightly soft to the touch
- Or bake in the oven on a baking tray, cut side down, at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour
- Once cooked, fork up the insides of the squash
- Add the laughing cow cheese wedges and mix until completely melted, 1.5 per each side of the squash
- Divide into three servings and enjoy!