I think I just discovered the most amazing way to make zucchini with these garlic parmesan zucchini chips. This is basically a zero point recipe for parmesan zucchini because you gain a point from the vegetable. They are cooked in the air fryer to make more of a zucchini parmesan crisps type of snack! I seriously cannot stop making this and every time I do, I try to devour it all before even sitting down at the dinner table. It’s slightly crispy, full of flavor, and my favorite thing right now. I am so obsessed with these, I need to make some more air fryer zucchini recipes.
How annoying is it that a bag of potato chips is like a zillion calories! Trust me… I've been there which is why I'm showcasing one of the best air fryer zucchini recipes you’ll find on the web.
These perfect chips are sure to make you ditch the classic potato chip for a healthier alternative. Mark my words when I say that garlic parmesan zucchini chips are the new chips of 2022. This recipe for parmesan zucchini is so good my mouth waters just thinking about it.
Allie’s Tips & Tricks for Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Chips
Before we dive into how to make the tastiest garlic parmesan zucchini chips (or what I like to call zucchini parmesan crisps) I love to give my tips and tricks on what I personally do.
- If you’re a garlic fan like myself, don’t be afraid to add a few extra garlic cloves to your mixture! This will make your garlic parmesan zucchini chips extra garlic-yyyy (YUM!)
- I love my zucchini parmesan crisps super salty! Every once in a while sprinkle a little extra salt! I won’t tell anyone if you don’t 😉
- Make sure you spray the air fryer with cooking spray. This is so your zucchini parmesan crisps won’t stick to the tray. We don’t want a pan full of broken chips!
- If you want that perfect zucchini chip, try cutting the zucchini slices to about ⅛ an inch. When eating, you’ll think they’re actually potato chips! I like to use a mandolin to cut mine.
-If you don’t own an air fryer, don’t panic! These garlic parmesan zucchini chips are great in the air fryer but just as good in the oven. Simply follow the same instructions and be sure to put your zucchini parmesan crisps on a thoroughly greased baking tray, or parchment paper. Increase the temperature to about 350 degrees, and be sure to flip the zucchini as well.
What Do You Need To Make This Garlic Parmesan Zucchini
First of all, to make any air fryer zucchini recipes, we are going to need an air fryer. You can use a basket type air fryer; however, I really like a rack type air fryer for this recipe because it is easier to flip the zucchini over. However, it really depends on your personal preference and/or what you already have on hand.
Next, super easy, just a couple ingredients
- Minced garlic
- Parmesan cheese
Oh garlic, boy do I love me some garlic. I use minced garlic that is already minced; however, you can use fresh garlic and mince it yourself. Either work here, it is really your personal preference.
Parmesan is the key for this recipe for parmesan zucchini, obviously. For this recipe, I use reduced fat parmesan cheese that comes in a container near the pizza sauce. However, you can use regular parmesan cheese or grate your own. It really depends on your personal preference and what you have on hand already.
Recipe for Parmesan Zucchini
This recipe is quite simple and will be done in under 20 minutes. Be sure to wash zucchini thoroughly then, slice and pat dry with a paper towel if moist. I use a mandolin to cut the zucchini but you need to be very careful. Cut the zucchini to about an ⅛ inch in thickness. While you are cutting the zucchini, preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees.
Next, place zucchini in a bowl and spray with cooking spray and toss to evenly coat. Add minced garlic, parmesan, garlic powder and salt, tossing to evenly coat.
Spray the pan in the air fryer as the zucchini will stick if not thoroughly greased. Air fry for 13-17 minutes, (at 325 degrees) until desired wellness. Be sure to flip and respray the zucchini every 4 minutes.
Other Ways To Cook
Don't have an air fryer but still want to make these? These garlic parmesan zucchini chips are great in the air fryer but just as good in the oven. Simply follow the same instructions and be sure to put your zucchini parmesan crisps on a thoroughly greased baking tray, or parchment paper. Increase the temperature to about 350 degrees, and be sure to flip the zucchini as well.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Not sure what else to do with your air fryer? I have a ton of suggestions, I absolutely love my air fryer.
- Air fryer chicken sandwich
- Garlic parmesan chicken tenders
- Ranch carrot bites
- Parmesan truffle fries
- Sticky chicken nuggets
- Maple bacon Brussels sprouts
What Else Can I Do With Zucchini
Did you buy a bunch of zucchini? Well then you have to make my zucchini Bolognese. It is a hidden vegetable recipe, meaning, you will not even notice the vegetables in the recipe! Another option is my Greek skewers with Tzatziki sauce. It combines chicken with zucchini and then it is topped with an amazing sauce.
Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Chips
If you’re a fan of air fryer zucchini recipes, I promise this is one you don’t wanna miss.
Garlic Parm Zucchini Chips
- 1 zucchini
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon reduced fat parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat air fryer to 325 degrees.
- Wash zucchini thoroughly. Slice zucchini up and pat dry with a paper towel if moist.
- Place zucchini in a bowl and spray with cooking spray. Toss to evenly coat.
- Add minced garlic, parmesan, garlic powder and salt. Toss to evenly coat.
- Spray the pan in the air fryer, the zucchini will stick if not thoroughly greased.
- Air fry for 13-17 minutes, (at 325 degrees) until desired wellness. Be sure to flip and respray the zucchini every 4 minutes.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.