One of my favorite dishes to make is a classic air fryer chicken sandwich! It really steps up a simple chicken dinner and makes it feel like you're in a drive-thru, without all the driving, calories or points. Plus, this dish is pretty simple to make.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
I used a one-point smart bun for my sandwich. You can order one here and use code 'Allie.Carte.Dishes' for 10% off your order. They also have one-point cupcakes and low-point muffins. All their food is insanely delicious and you would never know it has zero carbs!!
Obviously you would need an air fryer for this recipe. I am obsessed with my double drawer air fryer. You can order that here. I love that I can air fry my sandwich in one drawer and my French fries in another. You can use a different cooking method (there are six different methods) for either drawer which is so cool! I highly recommend this one. However, you can make this dish in the oven, I will leave directions to that in the recipe.
There are a couple of sauces that I love with this dish. You can order zero-point G Hughes ketchup here. Definitely the best sugar free ketchup. If you prefer BBQ sauce, I would recommend getting the trio pack, it comes with my two favorite BBQ sauces, plus the ketchup. Order that here. But one of my favorites... sweet chili sauce! G Hughes sweet chili sauce is the best thing ever! Zero points and you can order that here.
If you are looking for something more homemade, try this out with my copycat Chick-fil-A sauce. That recipe is linked here. At the bottom of that recipe is all my copycat Chick-fil-A dishes, check those out! Or you can try this out with my healthy homemade ranch. That zero-point recipe is linked here.
There are many sides that I have which would go great with this dish. If you have the double basket air fryer, you could make these air fried fries. My two-ingredient, low-point Mac and cheese sauce is amazing and would be so good with this dish! If you want a vegetable side, grab the recipe to my candied carrot chips here.
Anyways, on to the recipe!
Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich
- 1 chicken cutlet about 4 ounces
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 1 Smart Bun linked above
- ⅛ cup flour
- preheat air fryer to 400 degrees
- meanwhile, on a small plate, combine flour and seasonings, stirring together
- place chicken on the plate of flour, completely coating each side of the chicken in the flour mixture then set aside on a clean plate
- spray air fryer with cooking spray then place coated chicken inside. Air fry for 1 minute then spray chicken with cooking spray. Cook for another 4 minutes. Flip chicken, spray with cooking spray and cook for another 5-7 minutes, until fully cooked
- skip the air fryer and bake your chicken at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. (Flipping halfway)
code 'allie.carte.dishes' saves you 10%