I have been craving everything enchilada lately, so today I made my ENCHILADA STUFFED PEPPERS as a meal prep! This dish has everything you could possibly need, protein, carbs and two types of veggies. Oh, and it tastes absolutely amazing! Perfect for a weekly meal prep or a nightly dinner.
This dish makes three servings, one full pepper (two halves) per serving. For a meal prep, I will use two of the servings and eat that for lunch over four days. Which means I eat half a serving for lunch per day. I find that to be plenty of food for my lunch. I ate the third serving for dinner after I made this.
What You Will Need:
- 3 bell peppers
- One package of ready rice
- Riced cauliflower
- Ground chicken
- Taco Bell sauce
- Enchilada sauce
- Cooking spray
I used green bell peppers for this dish. I like the color contrast of the peppers with the enchilada sauce. But you can use any color you want
I used this package of Ready Rice for this recipe. It was easy to make, which is what I like with a meal prep. Just pop it in the microwave for 90 seconds. It tastes really good and makes perfectly cooked rice too.
I used Birds Eye precooked frozen riced cauliflower. This is my favorite brand and usually the only one I use. Found in the freezer veggie section.
I highly recommend you grab Taco Bell sauce from your grocery store. It is zero points and elevates all of your Mexican style dishes. So good! I used mild but they have a hot version too, good and not too hot.
For the enchilada sauce, I just grabbed a generic brand from my grocery store. It came in a HUGE can. We have been using it in recipes for weeks now. It was 2 points for 1/2 a cup.
Here’s What You Will Do:
Be sure both of your rices are ready to go. I popped the Ready Rice in the microwave first then the cauliflower rice. I will leave this cauliflower rice in the fridge and use it for other recipes during the week.
Next, slice and de-core/de-seed the peppers. I despise having any seeds in my peppers. Make sure to scrape all of those out.
You can also grab my knife set here. I love them so much!!
Just pop those peppers in the oven at 425 degrees for about 20-30 minutes, depending on how crispy or soft you want the peppers. I like them pretty soft for my meal preps.
Then, we will get started on the meat. Grease a large pan with cooking spray. As always, I highly recommend the butter flavored cooking spray. It really elevates the flavor of the dish.
Add the ground chicken, whole, to the heated pan and let it brown for about two minutes, then start breaking it up. Season with all of the seasonings then continue to break up and cook the chicken.
Once the chicken is almost cooked, almost all the pink is gone, add in the Taco Bell and the enchilada sauces. Bring the mixture to a slight simmer and finish cooking the chicken.
Once cooked, add back in the Ready Rice and the cauliflower rice. Stir that all together to evenly combine.
Finally, stuff the mixture into the peppers and enjoy!
As I mentioned, I used two full peppers for my meal prep this week. I ate one of the peppers and then I put half a pepper into a container for lunches.
I got the cutest meal prep containers a few weeks ago! I ordered the pink colored ones and they are gorgeous. The containers are glass, for easy clean up. It comes with 10 total containers, 5 of each size. I use the smaller one for stuffed peppers and the largest one for salads and what not. You can order those here.
Look how pretty!
I also made a follow along with me video on my TikTok. You can watch me make this meal and prepare it for my meal prep. Check that out below.
Now, onto the recipe!!
Be sure to check below for similar recipes that you may love!
Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
- 1 package Ready Rice original
- 1/4 cup cooked riced cauliflower
- 3 bell peppers
- 16 ounces ground chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 cup Taco Bell sauce
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Slice and de-seed/core peppers. Place on a greased baking tray, cut side up, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until desired wellness
- Cook ready rice and cauliflower rice according to package directions and set aside
- Heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Grease with cooking spray
- Add ground chicken, as a whole piece, to the pan and cook for 2 minutes to allow it to brown. Do not begin to break up yet. Flip over and brown the other side for 1 minute
- Once browned on both sides, begin to break up. Add all the seasonings and continue to break up while cooking
- Once almost cooked, add the Taco Bell and enchilada sauce and bring to a simmer until chicken is completely cooked, all the pink is gone
- Once chicken is completely cooked, add the rice and cauliflower rice and toss to combine
- Stuff chicken into the peppers and enjoy!