This Hello Fresh inspired pecan crusted chicken tenders recipe is an easy and delicious weeknight dinner that anyone can whip up! You only need six simple ingredients and less than a half hour to whip up this delicious chicken. There are no complicated instructions and prep work takes about five minutes!
Customize my pecan crusted chicken by using different sauces or nuts.
If you are looking for a dinner recipe that has a sweet crunch to it, look no further. This Hello Fresh inspired pecan crusted chicken tenders recipe provide a slightly sweet and crunchy flavor to give your weeknight dinners some variety. Prep work only takes about five minutes, then just pop the chicken in the oven and you are hands free!
why i love crusted chicken
This chicken recipe has been a staple recipe for me with a new baby. Baby Avery seems to want to eat at the same time we are about to eat, of course! I love this recipe because it only requires five minutes of prep, then you are hands free! The chicken is cooked in the oven without any other steps.
All you need to do is place the chicken on a pan, add some sauce and then some pecan crunch. The chicken goes into the oven until it is ready to eat. Then you can get some other tasks done, like cleaning the kitchen or feeding a baby!
My husband absolutely loves nuts; however, I am not the biggest fan. This chicken is a great compromise because the pecan crunch truly just feels like a dessert for dinner. It is so delicious!
For the pecan chicken, you only need six ingredients. I usually line my pan with foil as well for an easy cleanup.
Chicken - typically, I would use chicken cutlets as they are the perfect single serving piece. Here I used chicken breasts as I had some in the freezer; however, use really any cut of chicken.
I love making a pecan crusted chicken tenders recipe as well. Chicken tenderloins are great for kids as they are smaller; however, just be mindful of cooking times and use a thermometer.
Panko - Currently, we are very into that fried pork rinds panko; however, you can use normal panko.
Sauce - For the sauce, you will combine honey mustard and mayo. However, sour cream can be substituted for the mayo. You can also use a low fat mayo.
Go for any brand of honey mustard that you like. If the mustard is a little too runny, all the toppings may be sliding off of the chicken; therefore, you will want to be careful about that.
However, you can substitute for pretty much any dressing that you prefer or have on hand.
For a very flavorful chicken, try piercing the chicken with a fork a few times and marinating the chicken in the dressing for 30 minutes to eight hours.
Butter - I know, that is not technically butter; however, I do live off margarine and call it butter. Any butter or margarine can be used.
Pecans - This nuts provides the absolute best flavor and crunch, in my option; however, you can try substituting another nut. If you are allergic to nuts, you should try my crunchy onion chicken instead.
Seasoned Salt - I just sprinkle my chicken with a little seasoned salt before adding anything else. All the toppings really add a bunch of flavor; therefore, not too much seasoning is needed. If you are wanting to make this spicy, add some ground red pepper.
how to make onion crusted chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. However, I do use foil for an easy cleanup.
Season - Pat chicken dry and season both sides with the seasoned salt. But, you can add any seasonings of your choice. Place chicken on the baking sheet.
Sauce - Combine the honey mustard and mayo in a small bowl. Brush on the sauce, evenly along the entire top of the chicken.
Topping - Place pecans in a baggie and crush up. They should more resemble breadcrumbs, or as small as desired.
Melt the butter in the microwave, in a small microwave safe bowl. Then, stir together the melted butter, panko and pecans.
Evenly press the pecan mixture onto the top of the chicken.
Place the chicken in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until fully cooked. Use a meat thermometer to ensure proper temperature is reached. Do not flip chicken.
I store my crunchy onion chicken in the fridge, in an air tight container, for up to four days. This recipe makes for great leftovers as well.
what to serve with crunchy pecan chicken
Typically, I serve my chicken with white rice; however, pasta works well too.
tips for the best crusted chicken recipe
- Pat chicken dry to avoid the toppings rolling off.
- Use a honey mustard that is not too liquid-y, to avoid the toppings rolling off.
- Crush up the pecans a bit to allow them to stay on the chicken.
- Use a meat thermometer to not over cook or under cook the chicken.
more easy chicken recipes
If you love this recipe, then, try some more of my easy chicken recipes.
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken
- Crunchy Onion Chicken
- Crock Pot Shredded Taco Chicken
- Greek Yogurt Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Honey Soy Chicken Tenderloins
Don't forget to give a five star rating!
Pecan Crusted Chicken
This Hello Fresh inspired pecan crusted chicken tenders recipe is an easy and delicious weeknight dinner that anyone can whip up!
Pecan Crusted Chicken
- 1 chicken cutlet about 4 ounces each
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon panko
- 1 tablespoon pecans crushed
- 1 teaspoon light margarine
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with aluminum foil.
- Pat chicken dry and season both sides with the seasoned salt. Place chicken on the baking sheet.
- Combine the honey mustard and mayo in a small bowl. Brush on the sauce, evenly along the entire top of the chicken.
- Place pecans in a baggie and crush up. They should more resemble breadcrumbs, or as small as desired.
- Melt the butter in the microwave, in a small microwave safe bowl. Then, stir together the melted butter, panko and pecans.
- Evenly press the pecan mixture onto the top of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until fully cooked. Use a meat thermometer to ensure proper temperature is reached. Do not flip chicken.
Click here to automatically calculate your Weight Watcher points.