Chick-fil-A at home anytime you want? Yes, PLEASE!
Of course I could eat some Chick-fil-A nuggets everyday but going to the drive-thru that much just is not realistic. That is where I decided to make a copycat version! I also recreated the classic sauce and you will not believe how much it tastes like the real thing. Oh, and it's zero points.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets
- 8 ounces chicken cutlets (sub breasts)
- ½ cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup dill pickle juice from a jar of pickles
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tablespoon confectioners sugar replacement (Swerve)
- 1 eggs worth of egg beaters ⅛ cup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Cut chicken up into bite sized pieces. Fork a few times with a fork or knife to allow the marinade to penetrate the chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine pickle juice and milk. Add cut up chicken, cover and allow to marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes or up to all day (8 hours)
- Meanwhile, grab three small, shallow bowls.
- In one bowl, add half the flour (⅛ cup), in another bowl, pour out the eggs, in the final bowl, add the remaining flour, breadcrumbs, seasonings and sugar (stirring to combine).
- Remove chicken from fridge. Drain the liquids and pat the chicken pieces dry with a paper towel, as best as you can.
- Add a piece to the bowl of flour and toss to coat. Add to the egg mixture and toss to coat. Add to the breadcrumb mixture and toss to coat.
- Place chicken in a greased air fryer.
- Repeat this step for each piece of chicken, being sure not to let them touch in the air fryer, you may need more than one batch depending on how big your air fryer is.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 1 minute then spray the chicken with cooking spray. Air fry for another 3 minutes. Shake/flip the chicken then spray with cooking spray again. Air fry for another 4 minutes, or until fully cooked.
Optional Oven Version
- (Or bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes, flipping and spraying with cooking spray halfway)
about 8 nuggets per serving!!