Who needs some French Fries!? I would have to say my biggest weakness is definitely these things. What’s yours?? I haven’t had any French fries in a long time so I thought I would whip up some of my air fried version. What do you think? How amazing do these look!!? I dipped them in 2 tablespoon of G Hughes ketchup! My favorite zero point ketchup!
What You Will Need:
The ingredients are simple, just a potato, seasoned salt and some cooking spray. Super easy!
- 1 russet potato
- Seasoned salt
- Cooking spray
What You Will Do:
This recipe requires a bit of prep work and some advanced prep before cooking. Nothing too crazy.
Clean and wash your potato. Place on a cutting board and cut up into French fry shaped pieces.
I like for them to be all around the same thickness and remove any fries that do not reach my requirements.
Place all these fries in a large bowl filled with ice water. Store in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes.
This helps keep the fries crispy and to allow them to cook evenly. You can do without this step; however, the fries will not cook as evenly and will not be as crisp.
Remove the fries from the bowl of water and pat dry with a paper towel.
Place the fries in the air fryer and spray with cooking spray. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with the seasoned salt and toss to coat.
Air fry for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Open the air fryer and shake up/flip the fries. Spray with cooking spray and cook for another 10-15 minutes, until desired crispness.
Once fries are crisp, remove them and spray with cooking spray again. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with more salt as desired.
Air Fried Fries
- 1 russet potato large
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- cooking spray
- Cut potato up into French Fry shaped pieces and then place in a bowl of ice water for approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 and spray the tray with cooking spray.
- Remove the fries from the bowl of water and pat dry.
- Place fries in the air fryer, spray with cooking spray and season with the seasonings. Air fry for 10 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and shake up/flip the fries. Spray with cooking spray and cook for another 10-15 minutes, until desired crispness.
- Once fries are crisp, remove them and spray with cooking spray again. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with more salt as desired.