Warning: these onion rings are EXTREMELY addicting. But for real, these things are too good! It was hard not to devour every single one before taking this photo. (I definitely had a few though let’s be honest). They have the perfect amount of crunch with the perfect fried onion taste. UGH SO GOOD!!
I dipped them in my zero point healthy homemade ranch sauce but I also love them with my copycat
(P.S., try this out with bell peppers too!)
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Need to visualize? Watch me make these on TikTok. Link below.
- 1 sweet vidalia onion
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅛ cup cornmeal
- 2 egg whites egg beaters
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- slice onion into four slices about 1 inch thick. Carefully, break apart the slices to separate the onion rings
- place flour into a large bowl. Add in onion rings and carefully toss to lightly coat each ring in flour. Shake off the excess flour from the rings and set on a clean plate
- pour your eggs into a bowl just big enough to fit the rings. Add the cornmeal and seasonings into the bowl with the flour
- preheat air fyer to 300 degrees and spray with cooking spray to grease
- one by one, dredge the onion ring in the eggs, shake off the excess and then place in the flour bowl and completely coat it. Place the same ring back into the egg, completely coating it in another layer of egg, shaking off the excess. Place the ring back into the flour and carefully coat it in another layer of flour. Set aside on a clean plate
- repeat for each onion ring
- once completely coated, place in a greased air fryer. Air fry for 20-25 minutes, until rings are crisp. Flipping and spraying with cooking spray every about 5-7 minutes