I love making a whole chicken! The first dinner eating it, it’s so warm, moist and absolutely amazing! You just want to devour it all. But it doesn’t just end there, the rest of the chicken makes the most perfect lunches! Use it for wraps, rice bowls, sandwiches, whatever! I typically just eat the white meat without the skin and my husband will eat the rest of it so I save points. With the holidays a little smaller this year, making this roast chicken in the Instapot has been amazing. The perfect size for just the two of us!
I linked the video I always play when I have to gut the chicken (well let’s be honest, I make the husband do it haha!)
Instapot Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1.5 cups chicken broth fat-free, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Clean and gut the chicken. Perdue has a great option that is already gutted
- Season the outside of the chicken with all of the seasonings
- Place chicken broth and lemon juice in the instapot
- Place the wire roasting rack into the Instapot then place the chicken on the rack, sternum side up
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 6 minutes PER POUND and start it. We usually do a 5-6 pound chicken
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 10-20 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid and serve
there are no points for any ingredients besides the chicken. points will depend on which part and how much of the chicken you eat. estimate or use a food scale. remember, dark meat has points/more points! great for lunch leftovers!!
Tried this recipe?Mention @Allie.Carte.Dishes or tag #alliecartedishes!
Leave a Reply