I have been absolutely loving my Instapot lately! It is so easy to throw everything into the pot, UNCOOKED, and it all comes out perfect in just a few short minutes. I whipped up a classic, easy dish, instapot cheesy chicken, rice and broccoli casserole and it was amazing. A perfect holiday dinner or meal prep idea!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Instapot Cheesy Chicken Rice and Broccoli
- ½ cup dry rice extra long grain
- 1 cup chicken broth fat-free, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 9 ounces chicken breast
- 1 head of broccoli
- ½ cup reduced fat, 2% milk cheddar cheese shredded
- Cut up chicken and broccoli into bite-sized pieces, about 1 inch by 1 inch
- Grease your instapot with cooking spray or use the nonstick insert
- Add, rice, chicken broth and seasonings into the Instapot, stir together
- Add chicken and broccoli on top. Do not stir together
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid when depressurized
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese then stir together until melted
myWW Points per Serving:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 💚: 6 💙: 5 💜: 2 (if using brown rice) ✔️: 20 calories
Tried this recipe?Mention @Allie.Carte.Dishes or tag #alliecartedishes!
How do you account for the cook time on brown rice and the chicken? Since brown rice needs like 22 minutes in the instant pot, wouldn't you end up with super dry chicken?
I don’t use brown rice!