Happy Taco Tuesday! This delicious shredded chicken taco meal is exactly what I needed!!! I added all my ingredients to the pressure cooker and I cannot even describe how amazing the smell was! Then the taste was better than I could have ever imagined, better than any restaurant dish you have tried! Super easy and delicious, a
BTW this dish makes the most amazing leftovers or meal prep!
Instapot Shredded Taco Chicken
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 16 ounces chicken breast about 2 pieces
- ½ can diced tomatoes half a 15 oz can, about ½ cup
- ½ cup chicken broth fat free, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Add oil to your instapot and turn it to the saute setting. When the oil heats up, add the chicken breasts (whole) to the pot and sear both sides for about a minute
- Turn the instapot off
- In the instapot, add the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, lime juice and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 15 minutes and start it
- Once completely cooked, vent and de-pressurize the instapot then open the lid. Shred the chicken with two forks or a hand mixer
- Add the chicken back into the pot with the juices. Stir occasionally as the chicken absorbs the juices. Store the chicken in the fridge with the remaining juices or serve with the juices.