MEAL PREP IDEA! What are you having for lunch this week??
I have been loving stuffed peppers. They are very easy to whip up and they stay good all week. This week I made broccoli cheddar stuffed peppers! I eat these for dinner a ton! For lunch, I split the recipe in half to have my normal one point lunch. It is filling enough for a quick lunchtime snack!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Peppers
- 2 bell peppers
- 16 ounces ground chicken breast or 99% fat-free ground turkey
- 1 head of broccoli
- ½ cup reduced fat, 2% milk cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- parsley for topping
- ¼ cup chicken broth fat-free, low sodium
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice and deseed/core peppers. Place on a greased baking tray, cut side up, and bake for 20 minutes, until desired wellness
- Meanwhile, grease a large, tall pan with cooking spray and heat up over medium heat
- Add chicken and begin to break up as you cook. Once slightly broken up, sprinkle with all the seasonings and continue to cook and break up
- Cook the chicken until almost completely cooked, until almost all the pink is gone
- Chop broccoli head up into very small pieces
- Add the broth to the pan with the ground chicken. Add broccoli and cover to steam broccoli for 5 minutes, until broccoli is soft and chicken is completely cooked
- Ad cheese and mix to melt
- Once cheese is melted, evenly divide mixture into each pepper
- My fiance loves to add ⅛ cup of extra cheese onto each of his peppers halves then pop it back in the oven until it has melted! (1 point)