Happy Taco Tuesday! This delicious shredded chicken taco meal is exactly what I needed!!! I added all my ingredients to the crock pot and I cannot even describe how amazing the smell was! Then the taste was better than I could have ever imagined, better than any restaurant dish you have tried! Super easy and delicious, a
BTW this dish makes the most amazing leftovers or meal prep!
Crock Pot Shredded Taco Chicken
- 16 ounces chicken breast about 2 pieces
- ½ can diced tomatoes half a 15 oz can, about ½ cup
- ½ cup chicken broth fat free, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Grease the bottom of the crock pot and add in the chicken breasts side by side to the bottom.
- On top, add the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, lime juice and seasonings. Stir to combine without disturbing the chicken.
- Cover the pot and cook on low for 1.5 to 2 hours, it depends how thick the chicken breasts are, just monitor it until it is completely cooked
- Once completely cooked, shred the chicken with two forks or a hand mixer
- Add shredded chicken back into the pot with the juices and stir occasionally as the chicken absorbs the juices. Store the chicken with the remaining juices.
Calories: 153kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 25gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 836mgPotassium: 597mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 275IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @Allie.Carte.Dishes or tag #alliecartedishes!
Instapot Shredded Taco Chicken Check out this recipe
Leave a Reply