Introducing my newest obsession: my skinny zero-point salsa. Better and healthier than your average Mexican restaurant with even better taste! I’m not lying when I say this stuff packs a punch! It’s great paired with chips or veggies, but watch out, you may become addicted as well!!
Make it spicer with more jalapeño! Or more onion-y with more onion! Totally up to you what you want to do with this dip, this is just what I like and a great base to start with.
Makes about 2 cups of sauce, ⅛ cup per serving.... but hey, its zero-points, enjoy as much as you want!!
I served mine with some thin and crispy Tostitos.
Skinny Zero-Point Salsa
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro packed
- ⅛ cup red onion diced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño diced
- If you do not like your salsa too 'liquid-y' start by draining your tomatoes; however, I always just leave it as is.
- Add diced tomatoes, seasonings, and lime juice to a blender. Blend until your desired consistency. You will be blending again so do not over blend.
- Add cilantro and blend until just combined.
- Add diced onion (and diced jalapeño, if desired) and stir together.