This meat is my absolute favorite thing to make lately! I posted about the beef version a few weeks ago, but the chicken version really has my heart. I seriously have never tried a better taco meat than this one. I served it in three Mission corn tortillas (1 point each) and then added a sprinkle of low-fat cheese, green onions and a squeeze of lime juice!
Sweet Asian Taco Meat (Chicken)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 green onions
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 16 ounces ground chicken breast sub 99% fat free ground turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Splenda 9 packets
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika sub ground red pepper for spice
- 1/8 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Heat sesame oil up in a large pan. Slice green onion and add to the pan with the minced garlic. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until garlic is starting to brown. Add the ground meat and break up a bit while cooking. Once broken up, add the garlic powder, paprika and 1 teaspoon of Splenda sugar. Cook completely. Once cooked, reduce the heat and add the remaining ingredients and stir together. Boil for about 2-3 minutes to allow to flavors to absorb into the chicken.