All the tastes of a loaded cheesy fries, with some added protein. Loaded cheesy fries casserole is a one-pot meal that is sure to please the crowd. Potatoes, chicken, cheese and bacon, what could be better?! This may be one of my top new favorite dishes of mine, it is seriously so good.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
For this recipe I used Ore Ida golden fries. The specific brand does not particularly matter. I usually grab those or the Publix brand. I did not pre-bake them before adding in the chicken. It did make them soft but I loved that because it was truly like eating a loaded baked potato and having the mashed potato at the bottom. You can pre-bake the fries or keep everything separate if you want crispy tater tots but I prefer it like this. Plus, my way is easier.
Loaded Cheesy Fries Casserole
- 50 frozen fries
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1.25 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup fat free cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- ¼ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 green onions
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Grease an 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray. Add the fries to the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with the seasoned salt.
- Cut chicken tenderloins into bite sized pieces, about 1 inch by 1 inch. Season with the remaining seasonings and place on top of the fries, in a single layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until chicken is almost fully cooked. About half way, carefully flip over the chicken, trying not to disturb the fries.
- Top with the shredded cheese and bacon bits then place back in the oven for about 10 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked and cheese is melted.
- Serve with nonfat greek yogurt and sliced green onions.