Broccoli bacon beef pasta! What a mouthful! In a very good way. Loving how the broccoli, bacon and beef all come together for this delicious, creamy, pasta dish.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Broccoli Bacon Beef Pasta
- 6 ounces pasta fettuccine or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoons light margarine ICBINB
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ yellow onion diced
- 16 ounces extra lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 strips fully cooked bacon
- 2 heads broccoli
- ¼ cup pasta water
- 2 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup reduced fat, part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water then drain well and set aside
- Heat a large pan over medium/high heat
- Add margarine and allow it to melt
- Add garlic and cook for one minute, until fragrant
- Dice onion. Add to pan and cook until slightly soft, about 3-4 minutes
- Add ground beef and break apart a bit. Sprinkle on the seasonings and mix to combine, while continuing to break apart
- Dice the bacon. Once the beef is halfway cooked, add in the bacon and continue to cook the beef.
- Cut up the broccoli and set aside.
- Once the beef is almost cooked, about 90% cooked, add in the broccoli and a ¼ cup of pasta water. Cover the pan and allow broccoli to steam and beef to fully cook.
- Once beef is completely cooked and the broccoli is soft, add the cream cheese and mix everything together as the cream cheese melts
- Add the shredded cheese and mix everything together as the cheese melts
- Bring the heat up for just a few minutes to reduce the sauce
- Add in the pasta and toss to coat, add more pasta sauce if needed.