Creamy and delicious, plus a great way to get your veggies in: BROCCOLI CHICKEN PASTA! Packed with protein, topped with veggies and covered in flavor!! Cheesy, rich and absolutely amazing. Easy to make and great for the whole family.
Use as much or as little broccoli as you want!
Broccoli Chicken Pasta
- 8 ounces penne pasta Banza
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces ground chicken breast or 99% fat free ground turkey breast
- 1/8 cup onion diced
- 2 heads broccoli
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced fat, 2% milk cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water then drain well and set aside.
- Chop broccoli up into small, bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat a large pan on the stove over medium/high heat. Spray with cooking spray
- Add minced garlic and cook for one minute. Add diced onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground chicken, breaking it apart while cooking. Once slightly broken up, season with the seasonings. Cook almost through, until almost all the pink is gone.
- Add cut up broccoli and cover the pan. Let steam for about 5-6 minutes, until desired wellness.
- Sprinkle on shredded cheddar cheese and recover the pan. Let melt then toss to coat.
- Add in cream cheese and stir in until melted.
- Add in the pasta and stir to combine in the sauce