FETA TOMATO PASTA!
Another TikTok made me do it special!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Does making a viral TikTok trend make me cool? According to my Gen Z sister, I use the crying laughing face (yes this one 😂) and part my hair down the side so I’m not. But hey, at least we didn’t eat tide pods, right?! 😂
I love that WW always me to eat whatever I want. So that I can participate in some of these TikTok trends (remember the tortilla hack). I lightened up the dish to stay one track while keeping it delicious.
Plus, you all requested more Greek dishes!
Btw, this dish calls for the block of feta, not the crumbles
Feta Tomato Pasta
- 6 ounces pasta dry
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 24 cherry tomatoes about 8 ounces
- 1 teaspoon Splenda
- 8 ounces reduced fat feta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- crushed red pepper
- basil leaves
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. After cooking, remove ¼ cup of pasta water and set aside. Drain the pasta well and set aside
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and set aside
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on a medium pan over medium to medium/high heat
- Add minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant
- Add sliced tomatoes and cook until softened, about 5 more minutes
- Remove from heat, add in the Splenda and toss to coat (helps cut the acidity). Then, set aside
- Grab an oven safe dish, I used an 8x8 glass casserole dish. Place feta in the middle and top with the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper
- Add tomatoes around the feta
- Place in the oven on a high broil for 5 minutes. Flip the feta over and broil for another 5 minutes
- Smash the feta and tomatoes up to create a sauce like consistency. If too thick, add a splash of the pasta water until desired thickness is reached
- Add the pasta in and toss to coat
- Top with fresh basil. Sprinkle on some crushed red pepper for a spicy dish.
We have also made this dish and added left over sweet asian taco meat to it. SO GOOD! The sweetness of the meat with the acidity of the tomatoes work so well together. Great way to add protein into the meal.