Healthy ZITI?! Who knew?! My aunt Dale makes the most amazing baked ziti dish, but downfall, it’s so high in points. I put my Allie Carte spin on it and made a lower point version, without sparing any taste or flavor! I even added tons of protein to the dish to stay full and satisfied. It was so hard to stop at just one serving, this stuff is GOOD!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
- 6 ounces penne pasta dry
- 1 can diced tomatoes 15 ounce can
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ⅛ cup white onion diced
- 16 ounces ground chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup part skim milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup reduced fat, part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well and set aside
- Drain the liquids from the can of tomatoes then blend until smooth. Set aside
- Heat a medium pan over medium/high heat. Grease with cooking spray
- Add diced onions and minced garlic. Sauté until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes
- Add ground chicken, whole, and brown for 1-2 minutes. Start breaking up the chicken and season with the seasonings
- Once almost cooked, add blended tomatoes, mix together and bring to a slight simmer until the chicken is fully cooked
- Grease an 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray. Add half the pasta to the bottom of the dish. Top with the entire pan of chicken. Add the remaining pasta to the top of the chicken
- Spread ricotta cheese to the tops of the pasta. Sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella and Parmesan
- Bake at 400 for about ten minutes, until cheese is melted
myWW Points per Serving:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 💚: 9 💙: 7 💜: 3 (if using 100% whole wheat pasta) ✔️: 365 calories
Tried this recipe?Mention @Allie.Carte.Dishes or tag #alliecartedishes!
Heaping cup per Serving
What is the serving size?!
There’s 4 servings in it all. Divide equally. About a heaping cup