I have been wanting to make this dish for a really long time and I think I completely nailed it. It has a rich, gravy
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Here is what you will need to make this recipe:
A pressure cooker
I absolutely love my Instant, you can order that here. I also recommend getting a non-stick insert. It makes clean up much easier and the food does not stick to the bowl. With the Instant, you need to work very quickly so having the insert is great. You can order that here.
Next will be all your ingredients
- A white onion
- Garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Sirloin tip side steak
- Worcestershire sauce
- Broth, I used chicken
- Reduced-fat parmesan
- ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- Corn starch
The first thing you will need to do is dice up the onion. I love my new knife set, it is amazing how much a good knife really changes the game. You can order that knife set here.
We chose sirloin tip side steak for this dish. While I am all for filet mignon, apparently my husband did not think we should waste an amazing cut of steak on this dish. Each piece was about half a pound so we used two of them and my husband is planning on cooking the other one for his dinner tomorrow. Without the extra piece, it would be about $6 for the meat. Not bad considering this is four servings and very filling. There was A LOT of meat in this dish.
Just slice your steak up into bite-sized pieces. About ½ to 1 inch, as shown below.
Next you'll need to separate your pasta. I pour out 6 ounces of pasta in a bowl and bag up the rest for another night.
Next, we will begin adding everything to the Instant Pot. Be sure to spray the pot or use this insert. I love this insert because nothing sticks, making it such an easy clean-up.
Make sure you have the seasonings and everything else ready to go as working in an Instant goes really quick! There will be no time to spare.
Start with the garlic and onions. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting and cook the garlic and onion for 1-2 minutes, until they look like this.
Then add the
Then pour in the broth, worcestershire, noodles and cheeses and pressure cook until done.
How easy is this!!
Instapot Beef Stroganoff
- ⅛ cup diced white onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 16 ounces sirloin tip side steak
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup broth I used no sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces pasta
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- Make sure the onion is diced and the garlic is minced, set aside
- Cut beef up into bite sized pieces, about ½ to 1 inch by ½ to 1 inch. Set aside
- Turn your Instapot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and allow it to heat up
- Add in the garlic and oil, sauteing for about 1-2 minutes
- Add the cut up steak and seasoning with all the seasonings. Brown the steak for 3-5 minutes. Turn off the saute setting
- Add the broth and Worcestershire sauce to the pot and stir to combine
- Top with the pasta noodles (dry), lightly press down to cover in the liquids
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese
- Chop cream cheese up into about 6 pieces and add on top
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 5 minutes and start it
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 3 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid, mixing to combine
Leave a Reply