Introducing CHICKEN PARM DIPPERS!! I love finding new and exciting ways to eat my favorite meals. These fun fries give you all the amazing tastes of chicken parm, in a fun, finger food way. A great meal for adults and kids. Serve it with my zero point tomato sauce, of course!
Here is what you will need to make this recipe:
- Chicken tenderloins
- Italian Panko breadcrumbs
- Reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- Liquid egg whites
And of course, an air fryer. I love my double basket air fryer. You can purchase that here
Let’s Get Started!
The first thing you will need to do it cut up the chicken tenderloins. I find that cutting each one into three strips works the best. They are not too thick or too thin, the perfect size. Below is how they should typically look like, before breading.
A quick tip is to press down the chicken with the knife to make sure the piece is flat. It makes the chicken easier to cut.
You can also grab my knife set here. These are the best knives ever!
Then in a small, shallow bowl, combine the flour, breadcrumbs, parmesan
Then just whisk it all together!
In another one of the tupperware containers, I will pour my egg whites. I prefer to use liquid egg whites because cracking eggs can be messy and the consistency of the liquid is really great for recipes like this. If you want to use an egg, just whisk it up.
One by one, dip each chicken fry in the egg then coat in the flour mixture. Place in a greased air fryer
Try not to overlap/ let them touch; however, that can be a bit difficult. Just do your best.
Always air fry the breaded chicken for a little bit before spraying with cooking spray again. This allows the chicken to heat up and the coating to get a bit crispy before being covered in a liquid. If you spray too soon, the oil will just seep into the breading and you will not get that crunch.
I always recommend butter flavored spray. I love the Public version, it is basically actual butter. So good!
Don’t forget to flip the chicken over!
I enjoy my chicken parm dippers with my zero-point tomato sauce. It tastes amazing and allows you to save your points for something else!
Chicken Parm Dippers
- 16 ounces chicken tenderloins about 6-7 pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 cup panko breadcrumbs italian
- 1/8 cup reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cut each chicken tenderloin into a French fry shape, about 3 pieces per tenderloin
- Place flour, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and seasonings in a small shallow bowl, whisking to combine
- Place egg whites on a small shallow bowl (you can use eggs, just whisk them).
- One by one, dip each chicken fry in the egg then coat in the flour mixture. Place in a greased air fryer
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 2 minutes then spray the chicken fries with cooking spray
- Air fry for another 2 minutes
- Flip the fries over then spray again. Air fry for another 4-6 minutes, until fully cooked
- Or bake at 450 degrees on a greased baking tray for about 10 minutes, flipping and spraying halfway