A balanced meal all in one dish? Say it ain't so! Try out my zucchini bolognese, it combines a vegetable, protein and carbs, all in one delicious dish. Plus, you cannot even tell the zucchini is there. Perfect for picky or stubborn eaters.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Vegetarian? Leave out the chicken! I will also leave my regular bolognese and marinara sauce recipes below this one.
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz can
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasonings
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon granular sugar replacement Lakanto or Swerve
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 zucchini
- 6 ounces pasta dry
- Blend tomatoes and half the seasonings until puréed
- Heat a large pot over low heat. Once heated, add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant
- Add ground chicken and begin to break it up. Add the remaining seasonings and continue to break up the chicken while mixing together and cooking
- Grate the zucchini then add to the half cooked chicken. Continue stirring and mixing together.
- Once completely cooked, add the blended tomatoes and stir together
- Allow sauce to simmer for 15-45 minutes, stirring and scraping the pot occasionally
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well then combine with the sauce once finished.