New favorite sauce alert!!! This pepper tomato sauce is absolutely amazing. All the flavors just mend together and form into a perfect, thick and creamy sauce. This flavor is just SO AMAZING!!! There are so many different ways you can use this sauce including on chicken, over pasta or in a wrap.
Remember, this recipe is for the sauce only. The chicken was extra. This recipe makes 6 servings total, at about 2 tablespoons per serving.
I used a red bell pepper since it was the same color as the tomatoes I used. That way the color of the sauce was rich and beautiful. You can use yellow or orange, if you can’t find red. But I don’t suggest green because it will make the sauce turn into a weird color, and color is important!
Pepper Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes 1/2 a 14.5 oz can
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- Cut up pepper into smaller slices, so it is able to be blended.
- Places pepper, half the can of diced tomatoes (with the juices), the drained sundried tomatoes and garlic in a blender. Blend until smooth, or desired consistency.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium/low heat, greased with cooking spray.
- Once heated, add the cream cheese and stir until melted. You may need to add a little bit of the tomato sauce to help melt the cream cheese.
- Add the tomato sauce in and stir until combined. Bring to a slight simmer and simmer for about five minutes, to allow the flavors to form together. Stir occasionally.