New favorite sauce alert!!! This pepper tomato sauce is absolutely amazing. All the flavors just mend together and form into a perfect, thick and creamy sauce. This flavor is just SO AMAZING!!! There are so many different ways you can use this sauce including on chicken, over pasta or in a wrap.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Remember, this recipe is for the sauce only. The chicken was extra. This recipe makes 6 servings total, at about 2 tablespoons per serving.
I used a red bell pepper since it was the same color as the tomatoes I used. That way the color of the sauce was rich and beautiful. You can use yellow or orange, if you can’t find red. But I don’t suggest green because it will make the sauce turn into a weird color, and color is important!
Pepper Tomato Sauce
- ½ can diced tomatoes ½ a 14.5 oz can
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- ½ bell pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- Cut up pepper into smaller slices, so it is able to be blended.
- Places pepper, half the can of diced tomatoes (with the juices), the drained sundried tomatoes and garlic in a blender. Blend until smooth, or desired consistency.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium/low heat, greased with cooking spray.
- Once heated, add the cream cheese and stir until melted. You may need to add a little bit of the tomato sauce to help melt the cream cheese.
- Add the tomato sauce in and stir until combined. Bring to a slight simmer and simmer for about five minutes, to allow the flavors to form together. Stir occasionally.
How much tomato sauce is used?
None, the ingredients are in the recipe!
Sandy Mccormick says
Do you think dried sun-dried tomatoes would work? Was thinking about soaking in water to plump up and moisten.
Yes! If it’s too thick, just add an extra splash of liquids when blending