Let's preface this by saying I have NEVER found a soup I liked until now. I worked HARD on this recipe because I have really been craving some fall soups. I am not even kidding when I say I eat this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert. It's that amazing. If you know me, you're probably so sick of me talking about how obsessed I am with my soup (haha). Seriously, this is the ULTIMATE fall soup and you need it in your life right now!
I like my soup pretty thick. If you like it thinner, you can always add more broth.
About half cup servings
Works amazing as a pasta sauce too! Has some penne alla vodka vibes.
Healthy Tomato Soup
- ⅛ cup light margarine ICBINB
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ onion chopped
- 14.5 ounces diced tomates 1 can
- ⅓ cup chicken broth fat free
- 2 teaspoons granular sugar replacement Lanakto or Swerve
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon plain, unsweetened almond milk
- add margarine to a medium pot over medium/high heat and melt
- add minced garlic and diced onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes
- add the can of tomatoes, with the juice, along with the chicken broth, sugar, salt and pepper (use veggie broth to make this dish vegetarian friendly)
- mix everything together and bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low/medium
- cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes
- after the 30 minutes, transfer to a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend until smooth. It is best to use a blender that has a removable opening. Be sure to blend slowly at first and remove the lid every few seconds or the blender will explode
- place cream cheese in the pot and begin melting it. Add the almond milk to help the cream cheese to completely melt
- add the blended tomatoes back in and bring everything to a slight boil again for 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to form together
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.