Salsa chicken bake is one of the easiest, yet most flavorful
This dish makes two chicken breasts, with half a chicken breast per serving.
There is not much ‘babysitting’ to this dish either. It is pretty much just a pop in the oven and go kinda meal. I love those sometimes!
I am more of a mild to medium kind of girl, but if you want something spicier, use a hot salsa.
I make the serving for my husband with some kick in it, while keep mine more tame. I will show you how to do that.
I serve this dish with chips and salsa because I am seriously obsessed. Chips and salsa is one of my favorite snacks. I will take any excuse to eat some!!
So, let’s get started!
Salsa Chicken Bake
- 2 chicken breast 1 pound total
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/16 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded lite Mexican cheese
Extra Seasonings to Make it Spicy
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken evenly with the seasonings. (Add the spicy seasonings for a spicy dish)
- Then place on the casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, sprinkle chicken with cheese then top with salsa. Bake again for 10-15 minutes, until fully cooked.