Salsa chicken bake is one of the easiest, yet most flavorful
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
This dish makes two chicken breasts, with half a chicken breast per serving.
There is not much 'babysitting' to this dish either. It is pretty much just a pop in the oven and go kinda meal. I love those sometimes!
I am more of a mild to medium kind of girl, but if you want something spicier, use a hot salsa.
I make the serving for my husband with some kick in it, while keep mine more tame. I will show you how to do that.
I serve this dish with chips and salsa because I am seriously obsessed. Chips and salsa is one of my favorite snacks. I will take any excuse to eat some!!
So, let's get started!
Salsa Chicken Bake
- 2 chicken breast 1 pound total
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano
- 1/16 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup shredded lite Mexican cheese
Extra Seasonings to Make it Spicy
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken evenly with the seasonings. (Add the spicy seasonings for a spicy dish)
- Then place on the casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, sprinkle chicken with cheese then top with salsa. Bake again for 10-15 minutes, until fully cooked.
Leave a Reply