If you have been here for a while, you know one of my specialties is creating amazing, healthy takeout dishes! I have been working on my sesame chicken takeout dish for a while now and I have finally found the perfect combination. There is no need to get takeout now when you can have the best meal at home! And I guarantee you, this will save you a ton of points!
As always, there will be plenty of extra sauce if you choose to serve the chicken over rice or veggies.
There is no need to get takeout now when you can have the best meal at home! And I guarantee you, this will save you a ton of points!
- 12 ounces chicken tenderloins about 9-10 pieces
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1.5 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup soy sauce low sodium
- ⅛ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar replacement Swerve
- 1 tablespoon sugar free ketchup G Hughes
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth fat-free
- Cut chicken tenderloins up into bite-sized pieces, about 1 inch by 1 inch
- Add cornstarch, flour and chicken seasonings to a plate and stir to combine. Add chicken pieces to the plate, one by one, and completely coat with the flour mixture
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees and spray with cooking spray. Add coated chicken pieces
- Cook for 1 minute then spray with cooking spray. Cook for 3 more minutes. Flip chicken over then spray again. Cook for another 4-6 minutes, until fully cooked
- Meanwhile, heat sesame oil up in a small pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until fragrant
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients and stir together to dissolve the brown sugar
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low/medium. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until thickened
- Once the chicken is cooked, add to the pan with the sauce and toss to coat
Serving: 8 piecesCalories: 216kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 29gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 2324mgPotassium: 528mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 34IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 21mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @Allie.Carte.Dishes or tag #alliecartedishes!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on this link and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Air Fryer General Tso Chicken
There’s no excuse to get takeout when we have AMAZING dishes like this one! I have been making this dish SO SO much recently and I don’t care! It’s insanely delicious, low on points and tastes just like the real thing!Check out this recipe
Air Fryer Sweet and Sour Chicken
Air fryer sweet and sour chicken nuggets are battered, yet healthy, this is how to make the best sweet and sour chicken sauceCheck out this recipe
Is it 2 points for 3 pieces? I see it serves 3 people, but it’s not clear to me the serving size that corresponds with the points. Thanks!
Just divide it up by 3. It’s about 12 pieces