Cheeseburger Stuffed Peppers: Everything you know and love about a cheeseburger, now low carb and packed with veggies! The tastes and textures of this dish are truly incredible, I could eat it everyday. So rich, so creamy, so delicious, I am always wanting more. I topped mine off with some pickles and jalapeños for a super burger dish!!
Grab the recipe for my zero point tomato sauce, you will need it!
Cheeseburger Stuffed Peppers
- 3 bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces ground chicken breast or 99% fat free ground turkey breast
- 1/4 onion diced
- 5 tablespoons Allie Carte homemade tomato sauce recipe linked below
- 2 tablespoons sugar free ketchup (G Hughes brand)
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat, 2% milk cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice peppers and remove the seeds/core. Place on a greased baking dish, cut side up, and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a large pan on the stove over medium/high heat. Spray with cooking spray
- Add minced garlic and cook for one minute. Add diced onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes
- Add ground chicken, breaking it apart while cooking. Once slightly broken up, season with the seasonings. Cook almost through, until almost all the pink is gone
- Add tomato sauce, broth, ketchup and stir to combine. Allow chicken to cook completely
- Add in cream cheese and stir in until melted. Add in cheddar cheese and stir until melted
- Once the peppers are cooked, stuff the chicken mixture into the peppers and enjoy!