Cheeseburger Stuffed Peppers: Everything you know and love about a cheeseburger, now low carb and packed with veggies! The tastes and textures of this dish are truly incredible, I could eat it everyday. So rich, so creamy, so delicious, I am always wanting more. I topped mine off with some pickles and jalapeños for a super burger dish!!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Grab the recipe for my zero point tomato sauce, you will need it!
Cheeseburger Stuffed Peppers
- 3 bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces ground chicken breast or 99% fat free ground turkey breast
- ¼ onion diced
- 5 tablespoons Allie Carte homemade tomato sauce recipe linked below
- 2 tablespoons sugar free ketchup (G Hughes brand)
- 2 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- ½ cup reduced fat, 2% milk cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice peppers and remove the seeds/core. Place on a greased baking dish, cut side up, and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a large pan on the stove over medium/high heat. Spray with cooking spray
- Add minced garlic and cook for one minute. Add diced onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes
- Add ground chicken, breaking it apart while cooking. Once slightly broken up, season with the seasonings. Cook almost through, until almost all the pink is gone
- Add tomato sauce, broth, ketchup and stir to combine. Allow chicken to cook completely
- Add in cream cheese and stir in until melted. Add in cheddar cheese and stir until melted
- Once the peppers are cooked, stuff the chicken mixture into the peppers and enjoy!