My husband has been asking me for sausage pasta lately, so we compromised and I got to add spinach to it! lol. This Instant Pot Sausage Spinach Pasta was so good and worth every point. It has a rich, gravy
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Here is what you will need to make this recipe:
A pressure cooker
I absolutely love my Instant, you can order that here. I also recommend getting a non-stick insert. It makes clean up much easier and the food does not stick to the bowl. With the Instant, you need to work very quickly so having the insert is great. You can order that here.
Next will be all your ingredients
- A white onion
- Garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Ground Italian sausage, mild
- Broth, I used chicken
- Reduced-fat parmesan
- ⅓ less fat cream cheese
The first thing you will need to do is dice up the onion. I love my new knife set, it is amazing how much a good knife really changes the game. You can order that knife set here.
This is the sausage that we used. I know most people don't have Publix (which is really sad) so just substitute it for something else, but be mindful of the point values.
Next you'll need to separate your pasta. I pour out 6 ounces of pasta in a bowl and bag up the rest for another night.
Make sure you have the seasonings and everything else ready to go as working in an Instant goes really quick! There will be no time to spare.
Start with the garlic and onions. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting and cook the garlic and onion for 1-2 minutes, until they look like this.
Then add the
Add the pasta on top of the sausage then the broth around the pasta. And start the Instant Pot.
Once that is finished cooking, add the spinach and cheese and just mix until the spinach is wilted and the cheeses are melted.
How easy is this!!
Instant Pot Sausage Spinach Pasta
- ⅛ cup diced white onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 16 ounces ground mild italian sausage Publix
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasonings
- 1 cup broth low-sodium
- 6 ounces pasta
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Make sure the onion is diced and the garlic is minced, set aside
- Turn your Instapot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and allow it to heat up
- Add in the garlic and onion, sauteing for about 1-2 minutes
- Add the ground sausage and seasoning with all the seasonings. Start to break up the ground sausage. Continue breaking up while cooking it for 3-5 minutes. Turn off the saute setting
- Add the pasta noodles, dry, on top of the ground sausage. Add the broth around the pasta.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 5 minutes and start it
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 3 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Add the cream cheese, parmesan cheese and spinach. Stir to combine until the cheese is melted and the spinach is wilted.