Not only do these Hawaiian Chicken Sliders look absolutely amazing, but the smell and taste even better! I was completely blown away by the amazing taste these skewers had. The sauce / glaze that I made for this was simply OMG!!
We used onions and peppers but use anything you like! You can make this vegetarian by swapping out the chicken. Either way, the sauce and glaze just speaks for itself and brings the whole dish into one amazing flavor.
What You Will Need:
- Can of pineapples
- Sugar free BBQ sauce
- Chicken tenderloins
- Bell peppers
- Red Onion
- Sliders – not included in points or calories but I used King’s Hawaiian, because duh.
You will also need a blender to create the sauce and a grill to cook everything.
Be sure you grab a can of pineapples that are canned in their own juice. This is super important as there are no added sugars in this one. You can also use fresh pineapple and slice it up but that was just way too much work for me.
I blended the whole can of pineapples (because I made some frozen Piña Coladas!) but this recipe will just need 1/8 cup of blended juice, which is about two slices of pineapples and some juice. Add more or less, you just need 1/8 cup of blended juice.
For the BBQ sauce, I used G Hughes original. You can pick that up here.
As mentioned, I grilled everything so you will need a grill. You can certainly cook the meal a different way, but I love how the grill charred the chicken, it gave it such an amazing flavor. Plus, it was super easy to just throw it all on the grill. Just be cautious as different grills have different cooking times. Be sure the chicken is fully cooked before consuming.
The buns are not included in the points or calories because I like to let people choose their own buns. I used King’s Hawaiian sweet slider buns. They are 3 points for one and so so perfect for this dish.
This makes 6 sliders, 2 per serving.
Hawaiian Chicken Sliders
- 1/8 cup blended pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar free BBQ sauce G Hughes
- 16 ounces chicken breast 2 pieces
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- Get the grill started, we used a charcoal grill.
- Blend pineapple until you have 1/8 cup of pineapple juice. It took about two slices of pineapple with a little juice.
- Place that in a bowl and add in the BBQ sauce, stir together.
- Lay chicken breast out on a cutting board. Cut chicken breast in half, seperating the thin half from the thicker half. Set the thicker side upwards and cut in half, like butterflying the chicken, to thin it out. There should be 6 pieces total.
- Add to the bowl of pineapple and BBQ and toss to coat the chicken completely.
- Let the chicken marinate while slicing the vegetables.
- Cut pepper and onion into thin strips.
- Once the grill is heated, place the chicken on the heated grill. Cook the chicken for about 15 minutes, or until fully cooked. Flip the chicken every few minutes.
- Add a skillet to the top of the grill and heat it up. Add pepper and onion slices and saute until desired wellness.
- Assemble the sliders and top with fresh cilantro.