Have you heard of Birria Tacos??? They have been all over TikTok and I have just been needing to try them! The flavors of these tacos are UNREAL, so worth the extra effort to create these. Grab your fork and knife, it's going to get messy!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
If you are looking for just the meat, make my crock pot or instant pot shredded taco chicken.
You can also watch me make the meat! Click here to watch my TikTok.
3 per serving
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 16 ounces chicken breast about 2 pieces
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth fat free, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 12 street corn taco shells Mission
- ¾ cup shredded lite Mexican cheese Traders
- red onion diced
- Add oil to your instapot and turn it to the saute setting. When the oil heats up, add the chicken breasts (whole) to the pot and sear both sides for about a minute
- Turn the instapot off
- In the instapot, add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, lime juice and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 20 minutes and start it
- Once completely cooked, vent and de-pressurize the instapot then open the lid. Shred the chicken with two forks or a hand mixer in a large bowl.
- Add about a cup or so of the remaining juices to the bowl with the chicken
- Meanwhile, dice the red onion and shred/chop the cilantro
- Heat a large pan over medium heat, grease with cooking spray
- Once heated, add three of the tortillas. Add a bit of meat to each shell, being sure to keep it along only one half of the surface of the shell
- Top with some of the juices from the Instant Pot. It is going to get messy, that is okay
- Add about a tablespoon of shredded cheese, some diced onions and cilantro. Flip the half of the tortilla shell over, creating sort of a quesadilla
- Flip the taco over and fry the other side then remove to a clean plate
- Repeat these steps until all the tacos are made, you should have 12 tacos