Not only do these Hawaiian Skewers look absolutely amazing, but the smell and taste even better! I was completely blown away by the amazing taste these skewers had. The sauce / glaze that I made for this was simply OMG!!
We used chicken, corn, onions and peppers but use anything you like! You can make this vegetarian by swapping out the chicken, or lower carb by swapping out the corn. Either way, the sauce and glaze just speaks for itself and brings the whole dish into one amazing flavor.
What You Will Need:
- Can of pineapples
- Sugar free BBQ sauce
- Chicken tenderloins
- Bell peppers
- Red Onion
- Ears of corn
You will also need a blender to create the sauce and a grill to cook everything.
Be sure you grab a can of pineapples that are canned in their own juice. This is super important as there are no added sugars in this one. You can also use fresh pineapple and slice it up but that was just way too much work for me.
I blended the whole can of pineapples (because I made some frozen Piña Coladas!) but this recipe will just need ⅛ cup of blended juice, which is about two slices of pineapples and some juice. Add more or less, you just need ⅛ cup of blended juice.
For the BBQ sauce, I used G Hughes original. You can pick that up here.
As mentioned, I grilled everything so you will need a grill. You can certainly cook the meal a different way, but I love how the grill charred the corn, it gave it such an amazing flavor. Plus, it was super easy to just skewer everything and throw it on the grill. Just be cautious as different grills have different cooking times. Be sure the chicken is fully cooked before consuming.
This makes 6 skewers, 2 skewers per serving.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
- ⅛ cup blended pineapple juice
- ¼ cup sugar free BBQ sauce G Hughes
- 12 ounces chicken tenderloins
- 2 bell peppers orange and green
- ½ red onion
- 2 ears of corn
- 6 skewers
- Get the grill started, we used a charcoal grill.
- Blend pineapple until you have ⅛ cup of pineapple juice. It took about two slices of pineapple with a little juice.
- Place that in a bowl and add in the BBQ sauce, stir together.
- Cut chicken, peppers and onion into bite sized pieces, about 1.5 by 1.5 inches.
- Cut each ear of corn into 6 pieces, it is a little difficult but it does cut, just be careful.
- Skewer everything evenly onto 6 skewers, however you like it.
- Place them on the heated grill and brush the top with the BBQ pineapple sauce.
- Cook the skewers for about 15 minutes, or until fully cooked. Flip the skewers every few minutes, brushing on more BBQ pineapple sauce each time.