Here we have it, the perfect Instant Pot Rice! I have been experimenting for weeks trying to get my rice to have the perfect texture in an Instapot and I finally nailed it. I am extremely picky when it comes to how my rice is cooked and I am finally pleased with how it turned out. I love cooking my rice in the Instapot because it requires zero babysitting. Just put the two ingredients in the pressure cooker, press go and you are good to go!
I will link the Instant Pot that I use here. I love it and it does a bunch of other things.
I also use this nonstick bowl insert. Then I do not need to grease my Instant Pot and the food comes out not burnt or sticking to the bottom. Super convenient.
If you are in the market for an Instant Pot AND and air fryer, try out this two in one version! Super cool.
When I cook rice, 99% of the time I use Publix extra long grain rice. Obviously measured dry. Feel free to use any rice that you wish; however, this recipe is specific for that rice. This rice ends up coming to a little over a half cup per serving.
Perfect Instant Pot Rice
- 1 cup extra long grain rice publix
- 4/3 cup water
- Add rice to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Either use a nonstick bowl insert or grease the bottom first. Level out the rice.
- Add water to the top of the rice, trying not disturb the rice. It is okay if some pieces come up and float.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 5 minutes and start it. Not the rice setting, I just use the pressure cook setting.
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-6 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
WW Points per Serving
4/3 is 1.33333 cups (1 and 1/3 cups) water and yes that’s what I do (:
What to pair the rice with:
Also check out Cooking With Fudge’s Easy 25-Minute Meal: One Pan Steak Fajitas! You can check out her recipe here.
If you do not have an Instant Pot