What’s your go-to easy dinner? Mine has to be stuffed peppers; they’re a necessity in my house! My current favorite version is these MEXICAN STUFFED PEPPERS. I love how quick I can whip them up and the amazing flavor they provide. Plus they’re super healthy because they’re packed with veggies! The perfect easy dinner + meal prep + lunch leftovers!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
makes 3 whole peppers; 1 whole pepper (two halves) per serving
- 3 bell peppers
- ½ cup dry rice about one cup cooked
- ¼ white onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 16 ounces ground chicken breast one package
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ cup Taco Bell Sauce mild or hot
- ¼ cup cooked riced cauliflower
- preheat oven to 425 degrees
- slice and de-seed/core peppers. Place on a greased baking tray, cut side up, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until desired wellness
- cook rice according to package directions and set aside
- heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Grease with cooking spray
- dice onion then place onion and minced garlic on the heated pan. Saute until slightly soft, about 3 minutes
- add ground chicken, as a whole piece, to the pan and cook for 2 minutes to allow it to brown. Do not begin to break up yet. Flip over and brown the other side for 1 minute
- Once browned on both sides, begin to break up. Add all the seasonings and continue to break up while cooking
- Once almost cooked, add the Taco Bell sauce and bring to a simmer until chicken is completely cooked, all the pink is gone
- Once chicken is completely cooked, add the rice and cauliflower and toss to combine
- Stuff chicken into the peppers and enjoy!
- Optional to add cheese to the tops and broil. Can also top with salsa and/or sour cream/nonfat greek yogurt
Tried this recipe?Mention @Allie.Carte.Dishes or tag #alliecartedishes!
Leave a Reply