An easy, creamy and delicious recipe is always a go-to for me! This instant pot creamy marinara is a weeknight staple. Everything is added to the instant pot and all you do is press go! How much easier can it get? Packed with protein and carbs, just add a side salad or veggies.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
My stovetop Bolognese recipe is linked below. If you do not have an instant pot, use that recipe and add in the cheese at the end.
Instant Pot Creamy Marinara
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 16 ounces chicken breast skinless, boneless
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasonings
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granular sugar replacement Lakanto or Swerve
- 6 ounces rigatoni pasta dry (½ box)
- 1.25 cups chicken broth fat-free, low sodium
- ⅓ cup part skim milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat parmesan cheese
- Tip: measure out all seasonings in a bowl before getting started. This recipe goes quick!
- Dice chicken up into bite-sized pieces
- Turn your Instapot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and allow it to heat up
- Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds
- Add in the diced chicken and the seasonings. Brown chicken for about 3 minutes then turn off the saute on the Instapot
- Remove chicken and set on a clean plate
- Add in the pasta noodles (dry). Pour the broth and blended tomatoes around the pasta
- Add chicken back in, on top of the pasta
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 5 minutes and start it
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 3 minutes and then move the valve to venting
- Once finished venting, remove the lid. Add in the ricotta cheese and stir to combine and melt
- Top with the parmesan and fresh herbs if you have any