I have just been absolutely craving penne alla vodka. But that can get very very high in points. So, as I usually do, I said, why don’t I put my Allie Carte spin on it and make something extremely delicious that’s low in points! How good does this super creamy, tasteful sauce look! I paired it with some ground chicken and Banza pasta for a whole lotta protein. A great way to keep me full all day while working.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Stovetop version is linked under the recipe
Instant Pot Penne Vodka Meal Prep
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 16 ounces ground chicken breast
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ⅛ cup diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 ounces penne pasta dry, Banza, one box
- 1.25 cups chicken broth
- 2 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat parmesan cheese
- Blend tomatoes until smooth then set aside.
- Turn your Instapot to the saute setting. Grease with cooking spray.
- When the pot heats up, add in the minced garlic and diced onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until slightly soft.
- Add the ground chicken and begin to break up.
- Season with the seasonings and continue breaking up until about halfway cooked.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add in the pasta noodles (dry). Pour the broth and blended tomatoes around the pasta
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 5 minutes and start it (set to 6 if you like the pasta softer)
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 3 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid
- Turn the pot to saute. Add the parmesan and cream cheese into the pot. Stir until melted