Pressure cooker meaty marinara is the perfect recipe. I usually make mine with 99% lean ground turkey but it can be made with pretty much any meat you love! Just press go and your meal is ready! This dish makes a ton of sauce so it’s perfect for the whole family or meal prep.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Instapot Meaty Marinara
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 16 ounces ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasonings
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granular sugar replacement Lakanto or Swerve
- 6 ounces penne pasta dry (½ box)
- 1.25 cups chicken broth fat-free, low sodium
- Tip: measure out all seasonings in a bowl before getting started. This recipe goes quick!
- Blend tomatoes completely then set aside
- Turn your Instapot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and allow it to heat up
- Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds
- Add in the ground chicken and the seasonings. Break up the chicken while mixing in the seasonings. Brown chicken for about 3 minutes then turn off the saute on the Instapot
- Add in the pasta noodles (dry). Pour the broth and blended tomatoes around the pasta
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 6 minutes and start it
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 3 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid and serve with fresh herbs