There is nothing like a good pulled BBQ chicken sandwich. The pressure cooker makes everything so simple and so easy. Everything just goes straight into the pot and somehow magically, everything is done in just a few minutes. I used mine this weekend to make some pulled BBQ chicken. It turned out absolutely amazing and there is plenty for leftovers, because I will be needing a lot more of this!!! I paired it with a Smart Baking Company bun for 1 point, some coleslaw and red onion. Really good!! It is also amazing on its own or with some mashed potatoes.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Smart Baking Company is my favorite place to get my burger buns. They taste just like the real thing but are only one point. They don't have any carbs either! The company also has muffins and cupcakes. Check them out below and use code allie.carte.dishes for 10% off your order.
Instapot Pulled BBQ Chicken
- ½ cup chicken broth fat-free, low sodium
- ¾ cup sugar free BBQ sauce G Hughes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar replacement Swerve
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice from a jar of pickles
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast skinless, boneless
- Add chicken broth to the Instapot
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the chicken), carefully to the center of the Instapot and stir just a little to slightly combine; you don’t want to disturb the broth on the sides too much as that is what pressurizes the Instapot
- Carefully place the chicken into the center of the Instapot
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 10 minutes and start it
- Once completely cooked and finished, let the Instapot set for 10 minutes. After those 10 minutes, vent and de-pressurize the instapot then open the lid
- Shred the chicken with two forks or place in a different bowl and use a hand mixer to completely shred the chicken
- Set the Instapot to the saute mode
- Bring BBQ sauce to a slight simmer and simmer for about 5 minutes, until thickened, stirring every 30-60 seconds