I’m really about making every dish into a pizza party. Who’s with me!? These are my pizza stuffed peppers and they truly bring stuffed peppers to a whole new level. They’re the most delicious way to get that pizza flavor in while incorporating lots of protein and veggies.
A ton of you have made this recipe and LOVE IT!! If you haven’t, definitely give it a shot!
Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- 16 ounces ground chicken breast or 99% fat free ground turkey
- 3 red bell pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes one can
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup reduced fat, part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices turkey pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut peppers in half and deseed/core. Spray a baking tray and both sides of the peppers with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of pepper (with additional salt and pepper to taste) then place in oven, on the cooking tray, for 20-25 minutes, insides facing up (until soft and starting to brown)
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat up on the stove over medium heat. Cook garlic and cook for two minutes, until fragrant
- Add ground chicken and season with the seasonings. Break up the chicken and stir until completely cooked
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and allow them to simmer for 3-5 minutes
- Stuff meat mixture into the peppers, evenly top with cheese and pepperoni then bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
WW Points per Serving
a serving size is a whole pepper, two halves
this recipe makes 3 full peppers