I used some sugar free cake mix and swapped out some of the ingredients to make these moist and delicious. You can’t even tell that they are made with sugar free mix and some secret ingredients!!
I used Pillsbury sugar free devil’s food cake mix; however, you can use any brand, just swap some applesauce for the oil. You can also swap in some pumpkin for the oil if you want that taste instead, really good for fall! Just the same measurement of the applesauce as the recipes calls for oil. I also use liquid egg whites instead of eggs.
The frosting is super easy! Just lite cool whip. I dyed mine green, which took a lot of dye!!!
Low Point Chocolate Cupcakes
- cupcake pan
- hand mixer
- 1 package sugar free devil's food cake mix Pillsbury
- 1.25 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
- 6 tablespoons liquid egg whites 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups lite cool whip
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add cake mix, water, applesauce and liquid egg whites in a large bowl. Whisk together with the hand mixer until all the lumps are gone and the mix is completely combined.
- Line a 12-hole cupcake pan with liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Fill up each hole evenly with the cake mix then bake accoridng to package instructions, about 18 minutes. Remove from oven once a toothpick comes out clean.
- Frost each cupcake with 1/8 cup of lite cool whip topping.
WW Points per Serving
For Easter, I decorated these into little bird’s nests with a chick popping out and some eggs still in the nest.
There is still cool whip under there, just hard to tell. Then I used some ‘Galeria Easter Edible Green Grass’ that I got from Target. It was green apple flavored and I only used about 1/4 package, at the most.
Then I used my Easter peanut butter cup recipe for a fun topping.
Then I popped on a couple jelly beans to look like eggs!
Hoppy Easter friends!!