The most basic (however, so extremely delicious) air fryer recipe: CHICKEN TENDERS! Who agrees that chicken tenders are an adult food 🙋🏼♀️ I could eat these everyday; they are so moist but crunchy on the outside. Easy to make and great to enjoy!
I served mine with some french fries, that I made
Fun fact: my nickname growing up was curly fry, so I have a special place in my heart (and stomach) for curly fries!
I also dipped my tenders, and fries, in G Hughes
Another great option is to dip your tenders in my healthy homemade ranch sauce!! So good and zero points. Honestly, I love my ranch more than the real deal stuff.
Anyways, let’s get on to why you’re really here… CHICKEN TENDERS!!
Air Fried Chicken Tenders
- 16 ounces chicken tenderloins about 6 pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites or two eggs whisked
- grease air fryer with cooking spray and preheat to 400 degrees
- in one a small bowl, combine flour, panko and seasonings. In another bowl, pour the eggs
- one by one, dip chicken in the eggs then toss in the flour mixture, to completely coat
- place in the greased air fryer, in a single layer trying not to let the chicken pieces touch, as best as possible. You may need to cook in batches if you have a smaller air fryer. If cooking in batches, do not bread chicken until ready to cook as the flour will just melt into the chicken
- air fry for 2 minutes Pull tray out and spray chicken with cooking spray (I love using Pam butter spray). Air fry for another 3 minutes. Remove chicken and flip over, spray with cooking spray then air fry for another 4-5 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked
- (Skip the air fryer and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, flipping halfway, until thoroughly cooked)