Super easy breakfast idea! Do you love french toast (as much as I do) but hate how long it takes to make? Because I sure do! Here we have it: BAKED FRENCH TOAST STRIPS! You can make so much at once and they all come out perfectly. Great for family brunch or meal prep. Freezer friendly too!
I used Sara Lee wheat bread but you can use a lower point bread to reduce the points. I also use almond milk; however, feel free to use any milk which you like. I always have almond milk on hand because it lasts for a long time and is low point.
Then I topped the sticks with Swerve confectioners sugar and dipped it in some sugar free syrup.
Baked French Toast Sticks
- 4 slices bread
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tablespoon plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and slightly grease with cooking spray.
- Slice each piece of bread, longwise, into three strips.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the liquid egg whites, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Dip each strip of bread into the egg mixture, coating all the sides. Then place on the baking tray. Repeat for each strip of bread.
- Bake for approximatley 15-18 minutes, flipping halfway, or until desired wellness.