Easy and delicious breakfast with some holiday cheer!? Try out my cranberry French toast bites. Made in one dish and all you do is pop it in the oven. Double, triple, quadruple this recipe and you have an amazing breakfast on a busy holiday morning.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
What I love about the new personal points plan is that I discovered that I can add my recipe builder here (linked above) and it will pull up the recipe I made within the WW app. When you pull it up onto your app, you can edit the recipe. That way, if you use a different brand or ingredient that I did, you can edit the recipe and make it your own. I know not everyone likes the same bread, therefore, it is easy to edit the recipe and calculate your specific points. Plus, the toppings can be easily modified.
What If I Need More:
This recipe can be easily doubled, triple, quadrupled, etc. Just find a casserole dish or baking tray that fits your needs.
What You Need:
For this recipe, you will need a personal sized casserole dish. I grabbed a couple of these from HomeGoods and they come in handy all the time. It is about 5 inches by 5 inches and about an inch or two tall. If you do not have one of these, simply create one out of foil or bake on a cookie sheet.
For the toppings, I used this cranberry nut mixture. It really caught my eye when I was buying salad dressing and I had to pick it up. I used it for a salad this past weekend and then I had to try it out again. If you are allergic, or do not prefer nuts, you can get just cranberries. If you do not want any toppings, you can certainly skip that all together.
In addition, this recipe calls for liquid egg whites. I prefer them to real eggs because they are easier and a lot less messy. If you like real eggs, just whisk them before adding in the cinnamon. According to my package, 1 egg white equals ⅛ cup of liquid egg whites. Adjust accordingly.
What To Do:
This recipe is very easily and all you have to do it basically cut up some bread and stick it in the oven. This has become a daily request in my household and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Cranberry French Toast Bites
- 2 slices bread
- 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice bread, longwase, into four strips. Cut each strip in three pieces. You should have 12 pieces of bread cubes per slice of bread.
- In a bowl, whisk together cinnamon and egg whites. Add bread cubes to the bowl and toss to coat in the egg mixture.
- Grease a small baking casserole with cooking spray. Add the bread and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Flip/toss the bread then place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes, depending on how well done you like your French toast.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with the cranberries. Place back in the oven for 1-2 minutes.