It has been a long long time since I had one of my favorite burger toppings- CRISPY ONIONS! They add so much crunch and flavor to a burger, I cannot resist. Super easy to make and a great topping to offer for your burger. I chose my smash burgers and added these onions on top. It was such a hit!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
- ½ sweet white onion
- ¼ cup liquid egg whites
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Slice the half onion into very thin strips
- Add liquid egg whites to one bowl
- Add flour and seasonings to another bowl, stirring together
- Place the onions into the egg whites and toss to coat
- Place the onions into the bowl of flour, shaking off any excess liquids. Toss to completely coat the onions in the flour
- Place the coated onions in a greased air fryer. Air fry at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until desired wellness. Shake and spray the onions with cooking spray every few minutes.
💚: 1 💙: 1 💜: 1 ✔️: 50 calories
Tried this recipe?Mention @Allie.Carte.Dishes or tag #alliecartedishes!
Smash Burgers Check out this recipe
Turkey Burgers Check out this recipe
[…] you have leftover onion, make my crispy onions (which would also be good on this burger), onion rings, or copycat bloomin' […]