I haven’t had classic taco meat in a really long time. Ground chicken taco meat is very easy to make, yet is so flavorful and delicious! I had three tacos, served in street corn tortillas (1 pt each). I topped them off with some of my homemade salsa and corn salsa (corn, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt). I added a little rice on the bottom too. Such a delicious meal!
I will leave a link for my salsa, along with some other recipes you will love, below this recipe.
This recipe calls for Taco Bell sauce, but you can use any taco sauce you like. Taco Bell sauce is my personal favorite and considered a staple for me!
Taco Ground Chicken
- 1/4 white onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 16 ounces ground chicken breast one package
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 cup Taco Bell Sauce mild or hot
- heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Grease with cooking spray
- dice onion then place onion and minced garlic on the heated pan. Saute until slightly soft, about 3 minutes
- add ground chicken, as a whole piece, to the pan and cook for 2 minutes to allow it to brown. Do not begin to break up yet. Flip over and brown the other side for 1 minute
- Once browned on both sides, begin to break up. Add all the seasonings and continue to break up while cooking
- Once almost cooked, add the Taco Bell sauce and bring to a simmer until chicken is completely cooked, all the pink is gone
WW Points per Serving
about a heaping quarter cup per serving