I have been so obsessed with caprese since we had it at our wedding! I have been trying to find any excuse to make it.. so here we have CAPRESE BURGERS. These make the best burgers! It is kinda like your basic lettuce, tomato and cheese, but taken to a whole new and slightly fancier level.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated and you can track that.
This is the cheese that I used, it was really good!
I also used a smart bun and did not include that in my recipe builder, track your bun separately. I love Smart Buns because they are only 1 point and have no carbs.
You can order smart buns by clicking this link, 10% off code - allie.carte.dishes
- 2 pounds 99% fat free ground turkey breast sub ground chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tomatoes
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese ball
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- basil fresh
- Heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Spray with cooking spray
- Place ground turkey in a large bowl. Sprinkle evenly with the seasonings. Use your hands to thoroughly mix the seasonings into the meat
- Form ground meat into 4 equal sized patties. Add to the heated pan and cook until thoroughly cooked, about 5-6 minutes per side, flipping once
- Slice tomatoes and mozzarella into 8 slices, each
- Assemble your capers on a round plate. Set down the tomato slices, with a slice of mozzarella on top of each one, you may need to overlap them. Sprinkle with salt
- Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic glaze
- Slice basil into thin sliced and cover the top of the caprese with basil
- Assemble your burgers by adding one patty and one caprese stack to your bun of choice. I used a smart bun.