I am SO lovin it! This copycat McDonald’s McGriddle is everything I want and love. McGriddles used to be one of my favorite things, but now I have a copycat version. This is packed with protein, including a chicken patty and protein pancake. Yet, has all the delicious flavors and textures of the original.
Copycat dishes are one of my favorite things to make and I hope you all enjoy this! Easy to make multiples as well.
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
- 1 chicken sausage patty Applegate
- 1 slice cheese velveeta
- 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup Kodiak flapjack and waffle mix
- ¼ cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Combine ingredients for the pancake buns in a bowl. Set aside to let the mixture rise as you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Cook one sausage patty according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium sized pan over medium heat. Grease with cooking spray
- Once heated, add the egg and sprinkle with salt.
- If you have an egg mold, use that, otherwise, try to keep all the egg together as you scramble it. Once cooked, fold into the same shape/size as the breakfast patty. It will not be perfect, but it will taste great.
- Remove the egg from the pan and re spray the pan with cooking spray.
- Place a mason jar lid on the pan and grease that with cooking spray. Add half the pancake batter into the middle of the mason jar lid. Once the pancake has held its shape, remove the lid and flip the pancake. Cook until fully cooked.
- Repeat the previous step for the second pancake patty.
- Once everything is cooked, assemble the McGriddle.